Thought I'd start a thread for a new feature wishlist. One practical feature that I recently emailed Tesla support about would be a charging reminder that would be triggered when the car is below a level set by the driver, upon putting the car into Park and opening the door. I think this would be helpful because there have been a couple times when my battery was down to about 60-70 miles left, and then I forgot to charge up overnight.

If we're shooting for pie-in-the-sky features, then I'd be overjoyed if they incorporated Android into the interface, or at least allowed full access to Google Play Music!
    04-01-2016 11:29 PM
    Software only features -or- hardware introductions in new cars?
    /
    On the hardware side I would love to see the auto opening/closing front doors that the Model X has. You get oddly used to that feature in the X. Ventilated seats would be nice too.

On the software side, most of the improvements I would like to see is AutoPilot related. Red light / Stop sign detection is high on the list.
    04-01-2016 11:47 PM
    Software only features -or- hardware introductions in new cars?
    I was thinking software, since it could be pushed to existing cars. But new hardware would also be interesting to discuss!

Oh, I forgot about another software feature that I'd like--voice dialing (i.e., being able to dial out a number by speaking). It's dangerous to dial using a touchscreen while driving (although I suppose I could just turn on Autopilot for that brief time). As it is, I use "OK Google" on my Huawei Watch to voice dial a number.
    04-02-2016 12:14 AM
    I think the "Don't forget to charge" alert would be helpful, and you make a good point with the dialing screen, although the smartphone/Huawei watch/Apple watch tech available now (I use "Hey Siri" most of the time for calls) almost makes Tesla's UI for phone calls secondary anyway...
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-23-2016 10:59 PM
    After parking and shutting the door the door remains open way too long. We should be able to adjust that via a setting
    04-24-2016 06:53 PM
    I think the "Don't forget to charge" alert would be helpful
    I would like to get an e-mail or SMS if my car is parked at home, and is not plugged in, and the battery level is below x% and it is 10 pm.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-07-2016 03:12 PM
    I would like to get an e-mail or SMS if my car is parked at home, and is not plugged in, and the battery level is below x% and it is 10 pm.
    That's a great idea!
    06-26-2016 11:58 PM
    Thought of another feature--or rather, a significant improvement of an existing feature--that I'd like to see. The USB music player leaves something to be desired--especially in how it tries to automatically arrange music into albums. It tends to have problems with compilation albums, such that one album gets broken up into multiple albums all based on the individual artists.
    06-27-2016 10:45 PM
    The USB music player lacks a search function, too.
    06-28-2016 12:10 AM
    I know there is a set of behaviors (beyond simply not overcharging) that result in longest battery life but I am not clear on what exactly they are. An option for the car to prompt you on these would be helpful. Charge to 80 every day? Let it go down lower now and then or regularly?
    06-28-2016 01:03 AM
    I know there is a set of behaviors (beyond simply not overcharging) that result in longest battery life but I am not clear on what exactly they are. An option for the car to prompt you on these would be helpful. Charge to 80 every day? Let it go down lower now and then or regularly?
    Two things are harmful for the battery, and both trigger warnings on the touchscreen :

- charging the battery to 100 % (and not using the car immediately)
    - not plugging in if the battery is near to empty (below 20%, especially by cold weather)

If you avoid these two situations, just relax and enjoy your car.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-28-2016 03:40 PM
    I can't believe I didn't mention this before: GIVE US ANDROID AUTO!
    08-08-2016 05:24 PM
    Two things are harmful for the battery, and both trigger warnings on the touchscreen :

- charging the battery to 100 % (and not using the car immediately)
    - not plugging in if the battery is near to empty (below 20%, especially by cold weather)

If you avoid these two situations, just relax and enjoy your car.
    So it would be great if you could configure to help avoid this in normal situations.

Posted via the Tesla Central App for Android
    08-09-2016 12:00 PM
    I think we need a better USB interface with hapless playback, improved XM radio interface and a true Blind Spot Info/Intervention System (BLIS).

Also would be nice to get 360 deg camera view (top down) for HW2 vehicles.

Would also like to see the front camera able to be activated for viewing when parking.
    03-12-2017 05:01 PM