Having a bit over 3k on my 2016 X 90D, I thought I'd keep a semi regular log of its winter performance. I have the 20 Continentals, and awd with air suspension. I'm driving a mix of new England roads and weather.
    So far, so good. I've been in 2 snow events and the X handles well. More to follow iyc.
    howarmat likes this.
    02-13-2017 01:05 PM
    keep us updated!
    02-15-2017 11:33 PM
    Update : with over 4k now on the odometer, and half of that auto steering, it has handled well. One glaring shortfall is this : If you are on auto pilot, and your speed is set to the limit or 5 above, Tesla does not take into account the yellow decrease speed areas in twists and turns. My first trip down a certain mountain road with a general speed limit of 45,which reduces to 25 in the switchbacks, was not recognized. If I hadn't taken over, I'd have been over the guard rail.
    02-25-2017 11:53 AM
    I just pushed past 4800 miles with positive impressions.
    The lows are these: There is a rattle and shake from the front drivers side on brisk acceleration. It happens 100% when cold and half the time after being driven a while.
    Seats: More adjustability is needed for lateral support.
    The speedometer is hidden from view at most steering wheel angles. It would seem easy to move the speed display to a more ergo spot.
    Highway noise is kept low, but the wind catches on the front door window edge, which is quite flimsy even when closed :it still will flex out with a little elbow pressure.
    Navigation needs work.
    Pluses : The air ride combined with the low evenly spaced center of gravity make this an Autobahn contender if not for having to stop way too often at high speed.
    Ease of use is very good. Once you have the limitations of the systems added to your driving style, long trips are doable for me because of not needing to be on the brake and gas in stop and go or heavy traffic.
    Comfort is otherwise excellent. Vented cooled and heated seats, good foam in the seats, premium stereo with the new software is as loud and clear as could be while maintaining high Dolby fidelity. More to follow....
    02-26-2017 09:49 PM
    Have the front checked. That high acceleration rattle was eliminated on my MS by the Tesla service team 2 months ago. Cause was a broken / defective part.

Next... stop using autopilot on country roads unless you want to end up on national news like that Chinese guy did last year.

Autopilot, in its current evolution is not suited for mountain roads! Read the manual. Sheesh.
    danstesla likes this.
    03-04-2017 10:52 AM
    Have the front checked. That high acceleration rattle was eliminated on my MS by the Tesla service team 2 months ago. Cause was a broken / defective part.

Next... stop using autopilot on country roads unless you want to end up on national news like that Chinese guy did last year.

Autopilot, in its current evolution is not suited for mountain roads! Read the manual. Sheesh.
    I will have it in the shop soon. As to auto steer, believe me, I was taking no chances going down that road, because physics is physics. I knew it couldn't handle the curve at the set speed. The issue exposed is the vehicle does not have the software identify slow speed zones unless they are on DOT black on white. The yellow /black DOT signs are not acknowledged.
    03-04-2017 11:13 AM
    Actually, the AP system is able to and has been slowing down as we approach curves with auto steer turned off but, that's only when I'm extra vigilant.
    03-04-2017 02:55 PM
    Also, you'd be surprised by how many different signs AP recognizes. It's very versatile yet very young.
    03-04-2017 02:57 PM