I've been sitting on the waiting list for the model 3 for about a year. I decided to test drive the S last weekend and I was blown away. One of the best handling cars I've driven. Performance knocks the socks off of my 2005 Prius. I decided to forgo the 3 for the S for a few reasons:
* AWD will not be available on the 3 yet.
* No direct view display on the 3, the screen is the only display and it's to the right.
* The rear seats of the 3 will not fold down, limiting what can be carried.
* Telsa will most likely hit their 200,000 car before mine so I lose ~half of the Federal rebate.
* I will probably miss the June deadline for the State rebate.
Of course, for the same configuration, I expect the 3 to be ~30k-$40k less than the S.
Now i have all of these referral codes and don't know of anyone else interested in a Tesla.