View Poll Results: Who's going to dent the universe more?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steve Jobs

0 0%
  • Elon Musk

7 100.00%
    I've read the Steve Jobs book. I've read the Elon Musk book. They are both fantastic, crazy, inspiring, insane, driven people. Visionaries. Doers.

I read the Steve Jobs book when it first came out after his passing. Reading it, I thought wow... we'll be lucky if the world ever sees another guy who's able to push global change like this. Far beyond just the products Apple produces, Jobs and Apple in my opinion have inspired a massive design revolution that's taking place throughout the world. There's a pre-iPhone world, and post-iPhone world. In almost every product category, fueled by passionate entrepreneurs inspired by Jobs/Apple (and helped by platforms like Kickstarter), you're seeing a new generation of much more thoughtful products emerge.

Then I read the Elon Musk book. To be honest, I didn't know much about Musk. I never followed his story closely over the past several years at all (bad on me). Reading it though, I thought wow, this guy is going to put an even bigger "dent in the universe" than Steve Jobs.

Googling Jobs vs. Musk, I saw business insider covered it once before. Pretty interesting Infographic below. Apparently they only met once in real life before.

Just for fun, I'll put a poll up on the topic. I have mad respect for both of these crazy ones, but if you had to pick one for biggest universe denter, who would you pick? Vote and discuss!

Elon Musk vs. Steve Jobs: Who's going to dent the universe more?-musk_jobs_comparison.jpg
    Last edited by James Falconer; 04-11-2016 at 12:52 PM.
    04-07-2016 10:58 PM
    I predict Elon will have a larger impact on the globe mainly because of what drives him, (his cause). To be fair we would have to wait until Elon is the same age as Steve was prior to falling ill.
    04-08-2016 04:56 PM
    Steve Jobs definitely drove a lot of change. He was a visionary.
    But the world was moving in that direction anyways. Google was already exploring the possibilities of touchscreens and Android when the original iPhone was released, and Microsoft was already trying to push the PC market in different directions. Steve Jobs didn't even head the world off by all that long, judging by how quickly the consumer technology world moves. Yeah, Google had no idea nor interest in what Apple was doing with computers, and Microsoft laughed at Apple's iPhone, but they were both on either side of Apple. Microsoft is still far ahead of Apple in the computer world, and Google is still far ahead of Apple in the smartphone world (okay so there are reasons for this but they're not important right now).
    When the Tesla Roadster came into existence, however, no one had any clue what Tesla was all about. Electric vehicles? Like a golf cart? You mean those tiny little SmartDeathTraps?
    From the beginning Tesla has been THE electric vehicle manufacturer. From the very beginning they have been the pioneer. Tesla hasn't been without problems, recalls, and setbacks. But they are number one in electric vehicle battery technology, design, luxury, value, safety, and performance. The Model S has a longer range than any other mainstream EV out there and yet can outperform quite a few super cars, and offers a ton of unique luxury features at an arguably affordable price (for the luxury market I mean—I have no chance of getting a Model S). And Elon Musk isn't done yet. He's STILL revolutionizing the electric vehicle world, and most of the world still has no idea what Tesla is about. People are still crying and screaming about the rapidly (but not as rapidly as people would have you believe) depleting gas reserves, while Elon Musk has been working towards a solution for years.

So Elon Musk. I put way too much effort into this post.

Plus, this place is still really empty, unfortunately. And buggy.
    I swear this is a Mobile Nations site though.
    04-26-2016 12:38 PM
    Like Kevin said, both these men are incredible human beings that have changed their industries. However, I think Elon is going to have a greater impact on a global scale in terms of moving humanity forward. Jobs changed the way we communicate and interact with the world, Elon might save the world. Okay, maybe that's a little dramatic. It's really tough to compare and contrast in only a few sentences but I think the work that Elon is doing with SpaceX has broader implications for humanity that we cannot see right now.
    Sergii Sidko likes this.
    04-30-2016 03:15 PM
    Elon. I can't wait for the Mars colony.
    07-19-2017 10:48 AM